The OLG Support Facilities department covers a wide variety of responsibilities and tasks to ensure the Group’s buildings and employees can function at full capacity.
OLG Support looks after all of the Group’s buildings. We have three in Immingham, one in Hessle and workshops and offices in Grimsby. This involves keeping all building maintenance up to date e.g. security alarm servicing, Electrical Installation Certificates and air conditioning servicing. We deal with all maintenance contracts and negotiate the renewals of these, including any day to day issues such as broken lights or leaking taps to enable our engineers a nice, safe working environment to work in.
OLG Support ensures all works carried out all compliant with any laws or regulations needed for that particular area. Ensuring we have up to date records of the suppliers details and insurances by keeping up to dates records of all service paperwork and certificates.
As part of our business, our employees require to travel all throughout the UK and sometimes abroad. OLG Support are responsible for booking all travel which includes hotels, hire cars and any rail or flights needed. We use a dedicated travel company and ensure they have all they need e.g. tickets and reservations and contact details if they have any problems.
As a company we require a large amount of insurance coverage. From buildings coverage to cyber insurance, travel insurance and the most important, Professional Indemnity Insurance. This process takes a few months and once it is renewed. Throughout the year we may have to contact our brokers to clarify wording or to make a claim.
OLG has a fleet of vehicles. We have pool cars at the offices to help engineers go on site or to other offices. We also have vans for our operations workers to go to site for our clients. These vans often travel the whole country. OLG Support ensure the vehicles are all serviced and MOT’s and also deal with any repairs that might be required.
We also keep all employees driving licence checks, making sure they have their licence up to date, have no additional points that they have not declared or if their licence is expired. This is done annually.
Health and Safety
OLG Support also provides the following:
- First aiders for the Head Office.
- Incident controller and make sure our fire tests are carried out and we have regular evacuation tests.
- Point of contact for any health and safety concerns.
- If in a case of emergencies, OLG Support ensure the relevant people are informed and arrange any attendance of services needed.
- Ensure the engineers received all the PPE they require to go on site and order any additional equipment.
- Open and distribute all post for our Head Office and order any stationary that is required for the Group.
- Maintain files for suppliers, contractors, vehicle records and employee personnel files. This includes archiving all personal files
- The Group lease one property, so it is OLG Support’s responsibility to liaise with the solicitors to negotiate the renewal and make sure the process goes smoothly.
- We also lease out one of our buildings to a tenant, OLG Support liaises with the tenant if they have any problems.
- Ensure that the keys for the buildings are issued to the relevant people